Celebrating the Feast of St Francis, October 3-5, 2014
Prayer, Divine Liturgy, social, blessing of animals, and reflection on creation.
- Transitus, remembering how St Francis embraced Sister Death: Friday October 3 at 6pm, followed by light refreshments.
- Divine Liturgy Saturday October 4 at 8am
- Blessing of Animals: Saturday October 4 at 2pm
- Divine Liturgy for the Feast of St Francis: Sunday October 5 at noon, followed by light meal. Please note change of day and time!
- From St. Francis to Pope Francis to You! Creating a Climate for Solidarity is a 90 minute multimedia presentation combining short video testimonials with group reflection processes that highlight the impacts of climate change on the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people and communities. Sunday October 5 at 5pm, with light refreshments.
For more information: 570-788-1212 or email@example.com.
Protection of the Mother of God Icon Retreat with Peter Pearson
Retreatants will follow step by step instructions to produce an icon of The Protection of the Mother of God. All supplies are provided along with group and individualized instruction. We will also discuss the development of iconography, the spirituality of making an icon, and praying with icons.
Iconographer Peter Pearson has forty years experience writing icons for churches, private individuals, and institutions around the world.
He is noted for teaching both painting technique and the spirituality of creating icons. He has given presentations to groups ranging from school children and senior citizen groups to artists and seminarians. Samples of his iconography are available online or may be seen in Hazleton at St John Byzantine Catholic Church or Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church.
Thursday October 23 and Friday October 24, 6:30pm-9:30pm; Saturday October 25, 9:30am-4:30pm; and Sunday October 26, 1-5pm
Cost: $275 ($285 after October 10), due to increased expenses; cost includes all materials and Saturday luncheon; optional room and board available at additional cost. Preferred registration by October 10.
Contact: Fr Carmen, OFM at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-788-1212 ext 407.
Used Book Sale: Open By Appointment
most books $2 or less
For more information: 570-788-1212 x 402 or email email@example.com
Work with iconographer Peter Pearson usually meets on the second Sunday of every month.
Cost: $25 per session; beginners may purchase materials for $20. More information forthcoming.
Contacts: Sonia Marie at 908-420-3931; or Tom at 570-454-1522.
Take the Gospel into daily life. Emmaus Hall, 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm.
Contact: Fr Laurian at 570-788-1212 ext 406; or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ongoing: Private Retreats
Clare House is a quiet refuge on our property, convenient to the chapel and monastery. You may take a silent, private retreat or talk with one of the friars.
Meals on your own or with the friars. Call to reserve a day or longer.